I hope you are staying healthy and safe! I’m in the final stages of getting ready to reopen and wanted to share my update and what you need to do to schedule your treatment.
Step 1 – Set up your login for your patient account.
As I mentioned in previous emails, I have been implementing new software for scheduling and maintaining patient records. This is how you’ll schedule your appointments online (if you choose to), and how you can view your patient record. You can also opt to store your credit card for payments to streamline your check out process.
In the next few days, I’ll send you a Welcome email that will give you the instructions to log in and set your password. Please be on the lookout for it.
Step 2 – Understand New Clinic Procedures
I am planning to begin seeing patients starting on Tuesday, May 5 and I am implementing several new procedures to comply with CDC and Government Guidelines and Precautions. Here are some key features:
- Patients are asked to stay home if they are experiencing illness (even if its just allergies), are having symptoms of flu or virus, have been confirmed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, or have had any contact with someone who has been confirmed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days. Additionally, those with compromised or weak immune systems are encouraged to stay home a bit longer. I advise telehealth sessions and herbal medicine for these people.
- I will be wearing a mask and ask that you do as well. I ask that you use the hand sanitizer in the treatment room when you arrive and when you leave.
- Patients will have their temperature taken and will be screened for COVID-19 upon arrival. No patient will receive a treatment if their temperature is over 99.2 degrees Fahrenheit.
- I will offer limited appointment times in week 1 to iron out procedures. I will get everyone scheduled who wants a treatment, but may not be able to accommodate everyone week 1. This will all be new to me too, and I appreciate your patience as I dive into this new way of working.
- I will only have one person in the clinic at the time and there will be no waiting in the lobby. I ask that you wait in your car or outside on the porch until I come to get you. I also ask that you have family members wait for you in the car or outside unless you require assistance.
- I am allowing additional time between patients for sanitizing rooms, and to give me a breather from wearing a mask.
- I am implementing higher level cleaning practices – I will have HEPA air cleaners with UVC sanitization in each treatment room and will sanitize everything between treatments. I will alternate treatment rooms so there is adequate time for air cleaning and sanitation.
Step 3 – Scheduling Appointments
I know there are some of you dealing with severe pain, anxiety and other issues and need treatment. I would like to accommodate these patients first if possible.
In fairness to those of you who’ve had appointments cancelled over the last month, I’ll reach out to you next week to get you rescheduled depending on your condition and urgency.
For everyone else, please call, text or email me to schedule for week 1. After I’ve gotten everyone scheduled for week 1 that I can accommodate, I’ll open up online scheduling and will send another email to let everyone know.
My appointment times for the first week will be:
- Tuesday, May 5 – 10:00 – 3:00
- Wednesday, May 6 – 10:00 – 3:00
- Thursday, May 7 – 9:00 – 2:00
- I’ll do my best to accommodate other times if necessary.
Thank you so much for your support and understanding during these difficult times. If any of this is unclear, please reach out to me. Together we will get through this and will get you back on track toward health.
Stay safe and well.