Knowledge is power when it comes to making informed healthcare decisions. This section is an excellent source to learn how Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine can help alleviate different health conditions.
- NCCAOM Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine News and Resource Center – download white papers on various conditions treated by Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine.
- The Acupuncture Evidence Project. An updated review of the evidence for the efficacy of Acupuncture.
Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, Chronic Pain
- Acupuncture for Fibromyalgia Relief. Researchers document lasting subjective improvements including less pain, fatigue, and anxiety.
- Acupuncture’s Role in Solving the Opioid Epidemic. Evidence, Cost-Effectiveness, and Care Availability for Acupuncture as a Primary, Non-Pharmacologic Method for Pain Relief and Management. A white paper published in the Journal of Integrative Medicine.
- Acupuncture Beats Drug for Knee Arthritis Relief. In the study, acupuncture combined with moxibustion successfully improves the condition of the osteoarthritic knee bone structure. In addition, knee cartilage scores document that acupuncture with moxibustion reduces inflammation and accelerates knee cartilage repair.
- Acupuncture Halts Neck Pain from Disc Degeneration. Researchers confirm the effectiveness of acupuncture for the treatment of cervical spondylosis, a painful disorder caused by intervertebral disc degeneration.
- Acupuncture Found Effective for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. The researchers note, “Acupuncture (and moxibustion) can be used as alternative and safe treatment protocols for chronic fatigue syndrome.”
- Acupuncture Helps War Veterans Sleep Better. Emory University and Atlanta VA Medical Center researchers find acupuncture effective for the alleviation of sleep disorders for veterans with PTSD and brain injuries. The research team concludes that acupuncture produces significant improvements in both subjective and objective sleep parameters for veterans with mild traumatic brain injuries (mTBI), including veterans with PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder).
- Acupuncture Beats Drugs for Insomnia Relief. Researchers conducted a controlled clinical trial and determined that acupuncture is more effective for the treatment of insomnia than powerful hypnotic drugs typically used for insomnia.
- Acupuncture Beats Antihistamines for Allergic Rhinitis. In an eight week clinical trial, patients receiving acupuncture required less medications and had fewer seasonal allergic rhinitis symptoms than control groups.
- Acupuncture Found Effective for IBS-D. Researchers conclude that acupuncture has a 90.7% total effective rate for IBS-D patients. Perhaps more importantly, acupuncture produces a 34.9% complete recovery rate.
- Acupuncture Reverses Acid Reflux Disease after Drugs Fail. Researchers find acupuncture effective for alleviating gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). Patients unresponsive to drug therapy saw significant improvements after receiving acupuncture care.
- Acupuncture and Herbs Eliminate Meniere’s Disease. Acupuncture has been proven clinically effective for the treatment of Meniere’s disease, a disorder characterized by vertigo, hearing loss, and tinnitus. Researchers determined that acupuncture produces a 100% total effective rate.