Knowledge is power when it comes to making informed healthcare decisions. This section is an excellent source to learn how Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine can help alleviate different health conditions.
- The Acupuncture Evidence Project. An updated review of the evidence for the efficacy of Acupuncture.
- Acupuncture: What You Need to Know. The NIH National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health.
- NCCAOM’s Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine (AOM ) News and Resource Center. From the National Acupuncture Accreditation Board, this is an excellent source for consumers to learn how acupuncture and Oriental medicine can help alleviate or relieve different health conditions.
- Florida and Fuzhou Discovery: Acupuncture Reduces Pain. The investigation summarizes “clinical evidence demonstrating that acupuncture is capable of producing analgesia in neuropathic pain by suppressing microglial activation.
- Acupuncture’s Role in Solving the Opioid Epidemic. Evidence, Cost-Effectiveness, and Care Availability for Acupuncture as a Primary, Non-Pharmacologic Method for Pain Relief and Management. A white paper published in the Journal of Integrative Medicine.
- Acupuncture Beats Drug for Knee Arthritis Relief. In the study, acupuncture combined with moxibustion successfully improves the condition of the osteoarthritic knee bone structure. In addition, knee cartilage scores document that acupuncture with moxibustion reduces inflammation and accelerates knee cartilage repair.
- Acupuncture Halts Neck Pain from Disc Degeneration. Researchers confirm the effectiveness of acupuncture for the treatment of cervical spondylosis, a painful disorder caused by intervertebral disc degeneration.
- Exploring the Science of Acupuncture. Harvard Medical School. Now, a team of researchers led by neuroscientists at Harvard Medical School has elucidated the underlying neuroanatomy of acupuncture that activates a specific signaling pathway.
Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, and Other Autoimmune Conditions
- Acupuncture for Fibromyalgia Relief. Researchers document lasting subjective improvements including less pain, fatigue, and anxiety.
- Acupuncture Found Effective for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. The researchers note, “Acupuncture (and moxibustion) can be used as alternative and safe treatment protocols for chronic fatigue syndrome.”
- Acupuncture and Herbs Eliminate Meniere’s Disease. Acupuncture has been proven clinically effective for the treatment of Meniere’s disease, a disorder characterized by vertigo, hearing loss, and tinnitus. Researchers determined that acupuncture produces a 100% total effective rate.
- Acupuncture Helps War Veterans Sleep Better. Emory University and Atlanta VA Medical Center researchers find acupuncture effective for the alleviation of sleep disorders for veterans with PTSD and brain injuries. The research team concludes that acupuncture produces significant improvements in both subjective and objective sleep parameters for veterans with mild traumatic brain injuries (mTBI), including veterans with PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder).
- Acupuncture Beats Drugs for Insomnia Relief. Researchers conducted a controlled clinical trial and determined that acupuncture is more effective for the treatment of insomnia than powerful hypnotic drugs typically used for insomnia.
- Acupuncture Beats Antihistamines for Allergic Rhinitis. In an eight week clinical trial, patients receiving acupuncture required less medications and had fewer seasonal allergic rhinitis symptoms than control groups.
- Successful Treatment for Alpha Gal Mammal Product Allergy Using Auricular Acupuncture: A Case Series. The SAAT method showed effectiveness in the large majority of patients. No adverse reactions were noted as a result of auricular acupuncture.
- Acupuncture Found Effective for IBS-D. Researchers conclude that acupuncture has a 90.7% total effective rate for IBS-D patients. Perhaps more importantly, acupuncture produces a 34.9% complete recovery rate.
- Acupuncture Reverses Acid Reflux Disease after Drugs Fail. Researchers find acupuncture effective for alleviating gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). Patients unresponsive to drug therapy saw significant improvements after receiving acupuncture care.
- Acupuncture Plus Herbs Alleviate Perimenopause Symptoms. Researchers find acupuncture and herbs a potent combination for relieving insomnia, hot flashes, mood swings, and fatigue in perimenopause patients.
- Acupuncture Improves Bone Density For Osteoporosis Patients. Based on the scientific evidence, the researchers conclude that acupuncture reduces pain levels and promotes increased bone density in patients with osteoporosis.
- Acupuncture Beats Drugs For Urinary Incontinence. The investigations reveal that acupuncture outperforms medications and enhances the effectiveness of Kegel exercises and herbal medicines.
- Acupuncture Increases Fertility Treatment Success. Findings include increases in good-quality embryo rates, endometrial receptivity, improvements in serological sex hormone levels, and the addition of acupuncture to standard ovulation stimulation drug therapy reduced the adverse effect rate of the drug therapy.