If you’ve been trying to conceive and it’s just not happening, give these tips a try to improve your chances. Of course I’m ready to help you too with Acupuncture, Herbal Medicine and Nutrition Therapy.
- Clean up your diet – Focus on organic vegetables, fruits, nuts, legumes, whole grains and lean proteins. Minimize processed foods, caffeine, alcohol and sweets. If you have PCOS, minimize sugar and refined carbohydrates.
- Warm your belly – some cases of infertility can be from “cold” in the uterus, so try warming your abdomen gently during the time after your period until ovulation. Use a hot water bottle or heating pad on low-medium for 20 minutes in the evenings.
- Go easy with exercise – If you are used to intense workouts, you may want to cut back. Research shows that intense exercise more than four hours a week can decrease fertility, so reduce the intensity by 25-30% and try replacing one or two sessions with a gentle yoga or Pilates class.
- Avoid drinking or eating cold foods. Cold can slow circulation around the abdomen and uterus.
- Increase the quality of your blood with Chinese red dates, beef soup or beef, boiled eggs, beets and goji berries.