Incorporate fresh greens from your yard (dandelion greens) or from the farmers market along with local eggs and sweet potato and this is a healthy spring time meal.
- 1 tablespoon organic, extra virgin coconut oil (or use olive oil)
- 2 handfuls of chopped organic greens (dandelion greens, spinach, kale and/or chard)
- 2 eggs, preferably organic and free range
- 1 small or 1/2 large organic sweet potato, baked or steamed and then sliced and drizzled with a little coconut oil, if desired
- coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper- to taste
- any other seasonings you like – optional
1. Heat oil in a cast-iron skillet. When the pan is very hot, add the greens. Cook for several minutes, stirring sporadically, allowing them to crisp in the hot pan.
2. Break the eggs into the pan over the greens and turn the heat to very low. Cover the pan and allow the eggs to cook for 3-5 minutes, until done to your liking.
3. Using a large spatula, transfer the greens with the cooked eggs on top to your plate. Season to taste with salt, pepper, etc., and serve with sliced sweet potato.